[GAP Forum] GRAPE: maximal cliques of given size?

Frederic Vanhove fvanhove at cage.UGent.be
Fri Apr 26 07:34:38 BST 2013

Dear members of the forum,

I have a question on cliques in GAP, and on the package GRAPE in particular.
I would like to obtain all maximal cliques (up to isomorphism) of a
given size k in a graph.

CompleteSubgraphsOfGivenSize(graph,k,true);
will give me representatives (maybe isomorphic ones) of cliques of size k

Cliques(graph, -1,2);
will give me representatives (maybe isomorphic ones) of maximal cliques
of any size

But is there any (efficient) way to obtain the maximal cliques of one
fixed size k (I am hoping this would be faster than Cliques(graph,-1,2))

Thanks,
Kind regards,
Frédéric