[GAP Forum] GAP 4.6.2 release announcement

Alexander Konovalov alexk at mcs.st-andrews.ac.uk
Fri Feb 8 12:20:09 GMT 2013

Dear GAP Forum,

We have just released the next major release, GAP 4.6.2, which is
available now for download from the GAP website

	http://www.gap-system.org

and is also available via alternative GAP distributions listed at

	http://www.gap-system.org/Download/#alternatives

You may access the overview of changes in GAP 4.6.2 by entering
'?Changes between GAP 4.5 and GAP 4.6' in GAP 4.6.2, or view it
online at

http://www.gap-system.org/Manuals/doc/changes/chap2.html#X8175857F79C8AD8E

In addition to improved and extended functionality and fixed bugs,
GAP 4.6.2 contains 106 GAP packages, whereas at the time of the
first public release of GAP 4.5 there were 99 packages redistributed
with GAP.

We encourage all users to upgrade to GAP 4.6.2. If you need any help
or would like to report any problems, please do not hesitate to
contact us at support at gap-system.org.

Please note that we are regularly updating the GAP distribution to
include new versions of GAP packages, but we may not announce each
of them to the Forum. We intend to use the Forum to announce updates
of the core GAP system and only of some packages which may fix
serious issues or have major influence on GAP.

Wishing you fun and success using GAP,
The GAP Group