[GAP Forum] Happy New Year

Igor Korepanov paloff at ya.ru
Mon Dec 31 17:30:50 GMT 2012

Dear Forum,

has anyone noticed that New Year is approaching? Two and a half hours left here near Moscow, and it has already come to Japan and Taiwan - places with which I am somehow related, personally?

My grad student is continuing to write our "piecewise-linear" package in GAP; as of now, we have used some GAP specifics (not present in Maxima which I also like) when calculating fundamental groups; in the future we may also use finite fields. Anyhow, I would like to express my best wishes to the GAP people :D

Igor