[GAP Forum] GRAPE: using trivial group

Frederic Vanhove fvanhove at cage.UGent.be
Fri Nov 30 11:53:40 GMT 2012

Dear forum,

I have yet another question on group actions.
In GRAPE, one can construct graph with a specific group. Unfortunately,
this turns against me when I just want a trivial group.
For instance, this works:

LoadPackage("grape");
q:=13;
gf:=GaloisField(q);
graph:=Graph(GaloisGroup(gf), Elements(gf), OnPoints,function(x,y)
return (x-y)^((q-1)/2)=One(gf); end,true);

but this doesn't work;

LoadPackage("grape");
q:=13;
gf:=GaloisField(q);
graph:=Graph(Group(()), Elements(gf), OnPoints,function(x,y) return
(x-y)^((q-1)/2)=One(gf); end,true);

It's probably just a matter of defining the trivial group on the right
set in the proper way, but how should one do this?

Many thanks,
Kind regards,
Frédéric