[GAP Forum] Fwd: Problem installing GGAP

Alexander Konovalov alexk at mcs.st-andrews.ac.uk
Tue Oct 2 18:30:11 BST 2012

Dear Marc,

On 2 Oct 2012, at 17:45, Mbg Nimda wrote:

> On 2 October 2012 17:04, Yevgen Muntyan <muntyan at fastmail.fm> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> It's my bug, msvcr100.dll should be distributed with ggap, but it's not. To
>> get it to work, you need to install this package:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555. Note that ggap
>> doesn't really work with GAP 4.5 on windows (it might, if you are lucky, but
>> most probably it won't). However, it should work fine with GAP 4.4.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Yevgen
>>
> Dear Mr. Yevgen,
> I did a complete restauration of everithing and it works. Well, in the
> sense that ggap start up withàut error, but after it says "loading" it
> says "GAP not running" so surely you are right it doesn't work with
> GAP 4.5, but I cant't find GAP 4.4  anywhere so should I give up?

GAP 4.4 is still available from our ftp server: explore

ftp://ftp.gap-system.org/pub/gap/gap44/

and remember to get two archives, for the core system and for the latest
packages.

Of course, GAP 4.4.12 is December 2008 and many things have been fixed
and/or improved in GAP 4.5 since that time.

Hope this helps,
Alexander