[GAP Forum] bug in StructureDescription?

hulpke at me.com hulpke at me.com
Fri Sep 28 16:18:56 BST 2012

Dear Benjamin Sambale,

Thank you very much for reporting this bug. It will be corrected in the next release.

> What is wrong here? (I know that StructureDescription is of little use here anyway.)

The library code for working with PCGS for permutation groups assumed that the PCGS (policyclic generating set) for a new group has an entry permpcgsNormalSteps, indicating how the pcgs fits to an elementary abelian series. This is not true for PCGS created by the package `crisp' and the library code therefore needs to check for this property.

(Starting GAP without loading the package ``crisp'' thus is a tremporary workaround.)

Best,

   Alexander