[GAP Forum] GAP 4.5.6 release

Alexander Konovalov alexk at mcs.st-andrews.ac.uk
Thu Sep 20 17:44:12 BST 2012

Dear GAP Forum,

In July 2012 we released the first update to GAP 4.5. We thank all GAP
users who have sent us feedback and reported problems after this release.
Taking this feedback into account, we have prepared the next update,
GAP 4.5.6, which is available now for download from our website

	http://www.gap-system.org

as well as via alternative GAP distributions listed at

	http://www.gap-system.org/Download/#alternatives

You may access the overview of changes in GAP 4.5.6 by entering
'?Changes between GAP 4.4 and GAP 4.5' in GAP 4.5.6 and scrolling
till the end of the chapter, or view it online at

http://www.gap-system.org/Manuals//doc/changes/chap2.html#X79311F9185A267DB

In addition, GAP 4.5.6 contains four new packages: AutoDoc, Convex,
PolymakeInterface and ToolsForHomalg, as well as new versions of
packages cvec, GradedModules and MatricesForHomalg.

We encourage all users to upgrade to GAP 4.5.6. If you need any help or
would like to report any problems, please do not hesitate to contact us
at support at gap-system.org.

Please note that we will regularly update the GAP distribution to include
new versions of GAP packages, but we will not announce each of them to the
Forum. We intend to use the Forum to announce updates of the core GAP
system and only of some packages which may fix serious issues or have
major influence on GAP.

Wishing you fun and success using GAP,

The GAP Group