[GAP Forum] can I get a matrix representation for a specific irreducible representation with GAP?

Jon devout1977 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 07:03:40 BST 2012

Dear All,

I need to get matrix representation to any irreducible representation for a
permutation group of specific length. I wonder whether and how I can obtain
this information with GAP. I see there are detailed documents on how to use
GAP, but I am not strong with group theory, thus, the document reading
poses a serious trouble for me. Thus, I wonder whether you can just give me
a quick answer for my this question.

Thank you very much,

Sincerely,
Jon