[GAP Forum] DotFileLatticeSubgroups function

Linda Cupples linda.j.cupples at gmail.com
Thu May 24 16:00:18 BST 2012

Hello,

I have been looking for a way to generate the lattice of subgroups using
GAP and the majority of material I find involves XGAP which isn't
compatible with windows.

The next best think I have found was a function called
DotFileLatticeSubgroups which produced a diagram of the lattice in dot file
form, In the book I found this function in it gave no reference to any
required packages it just showed the use of the function.

I've been having trouble finding how to get this function to work, I have
only been able to find one think online regarding it which was a file which
you read in GAP called "latticdot.g" but reading this still gives the
output "DotFileLatticeSubgroups needs to have a value".

Is it possible to get this function to work? Is there an equivalent way of
finding a diagram of the subgroup lattice?

Thanks,

Linda