[GAP Forum] hall-senior number vs small group id

Vipul Naik vipul at math.uchicago.edu
Mon Apr 16 21:12:34 BST 2012

As far as I know, there is no in-built function to do this.

However, the information for groups of order 32 is available here:

http://groupprops.subwiki.org/wiki/Groups_of_order_32

For the group you have at hand, if you calculated the Hall Senior
number, you hprobably also have information about the group up to
isoclinism (in particular, the isomorphism class of the inner
automorphism group and the derived subgroup), and some other
invariants associated with the group. Using this information, you can
run a search within GAP among the groups of order 64 and use that to
figure out the GAP ID. Alternatively, if you have an explicit
presentation of the group, you can use that to find the GAP ID.

Vipul

* Quoting sumeyra uskudar who at 2012-04-16 22:37:13+0000 (Mon) wrote