[GAP Forum] Is there a pdf version of the GAP manual with hyperrefs?

William DeMeo williamdemeo at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 04:07:49 GMT 2012

Dear Forum,

I realize there are both pdf and html versions of the GAP reference
manual, which is great.  I personally like using the pdf version, so I
can search the whole manual for things.  However, I find I am
constantly moving around (manually) in the document, chasing cross
references, and this can be somewhat time consuming.  I think the
manual would be significantly more useful if all the references were
hyper-links.

I looked at the tex file for the manual that's distributed with GAP,
and I suspect that merely inserting a "\usepackage{hyperref}" and
recompiling is wishful thinking.  This seems to be a fairly complex
document.

Any suggestions?

(By the way, I realize there is an combined html index of all the
manuals and, after a few mouse clicks and scrolls, I can usually find
what I want that way.  However, imho, that's not as nice as reading
the pdf manual and using <ctrl>-f to search for things, especially
when I'm off-line!)

Thanks!

-William

--