[GAP Forum] Representation in terms of Generators

shubh at iitg.ernet.in shubh at iitg.ernet.in
Mon Jan 30 04:50:50 GMT 2012

Dear Sir,
I have a finite transformation monoid M generated by two transformations
f:=[2,3,4,5,1] and g:=[1,3,1,1,1]. Also I know that h:=[1,3,3,3,3] is in M
with the help of GAP. I want a representation of h in terms of f and g.

I have been using GAP4, Version: 4.4.12 and installed "orb package" as you
told me. But I could not know how to give an input in GAP to get a
representation of h in terms of f and g.

Please explain by giving one such example.

I would be very grateful to you.

With regards,
Shubh

--