[GAP Forum] Cojugacy classes

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Tue Dec 6 16:34:28 GMT 2011

Dear Forum, and Mana,

On Dec 6, 2011, at 08:10 , mana Tari wrote:

> How we can find the number of conjugacy classes of elements of order 2a group for example PSL(2,9) or other group?. Thanks.

I don't know how familiar you are with GAP, but the TAB and ? characters can help.

For example, type part of the name you are looking for, followed by TAB, and GAP will provide a list of possible completions of the name (for example, ConjugacyTAB).  THen, if a name looks promising, type ?Name to get documentation.

There is also documentation, in HTML, PDF, and DVI form, provided with your GAP installation, for more casual browsing.  Check the "doc" directory in the directory in which your GAP installation lives (or, on-line, at <http://www.gap-system.org/Doc/doc.html>).

HTH

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon at Large