[GAP Forum] method ... matches more than one declaration

Alexander Konovalov alexander.konovalov at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 14:46:44 BST 2011

Dear Igor,

Thank you very much for notifying us about the intended package, and you are very
welcome to present it for a wider audience.

To decide what to do next when your package will be available, please see the page
Submitting Contributions to GAP: http://www.gap-system.org/Contacts/submit.html

Quoting that page, there are two options listed there:

***

1) Submitting Material for Formal Refereeing

The author of a contribution that is intended for formal acceptance should begin the process by notifying the Chair of the GAP Council by emailing council at gap-system.org, providing full information where the complete material has been placed.

2) Submitting Deposited Contributions

You are also invited to provide material that is not intended for formal refereeing. To tell us about such material, contact support at gap-system.org. (Packages can also be put into this category while refereeing is in process.)

***

It is up to package authors to decide between these two options, and certainly it's possible to start with (2) and then decide to submit as in (1) at some stage later, or to submit the package for the refereeing as in (1) with or without depositing it simultaneously as in (2).

Best wishes,
Alexander