[GAP Forum] Schur multiplier of GL(3,4)?

Ellis, Grahamj graham.ellis at nuigalway.ie
Sun Mar 20 20:12:18 GMT 2011

Dear Hung,

You could also compute the Schur multiplier (= second integral homology) of GL(3,4) using the HAP package. As computations tend to be quicker on permutations groups than on matrix groups, use the following commands.

gap> G:=Image(IsomorphismPermGroup(GL(3,4)));;
gap> GroupHomology(G,2);
[  ]

All the best,

Graham

School of Mathematics, Statistics and Applied Mathematics
National University of Ireland, Galway
http://hamilton.nuigalway.ie