[GAP Forum] Computing "canonical" subsets

Mathieu Dutour Mathieu.Dutour at ens.fr
Wed Jan 12 12:21:43 GMT 2011

As far as I know, once you have a backtracking algorithm
for equivalence/stabilizer, then you have also an algorithm
for canonical representative.

But GAP does not provides such functionalities ...

However, for the special action "OnSets", there is a function
"SmallestImageSet" available from the GRAPE package that does
the job.

  Mathieu