[GAP Forum] advice needed

Igor Korepanov paloff at ya.ru
Wed Jan 12 10:59:30 GMT 2011

Dear GAP experts,

I need some advice. My team is writing some GAP functions, for our private calculations (although I already invited people to cooperate, see my previous posts). Generally, one function is contained in a file like "FunctionSoAndSo.g", and such file usually has some lines like Read("AnotherFuction.g"); in its beginning. There are also some embryo data bases containing description of objects we are working with.

The question is: how should we organize all this (put in different folders, whatever), if our ambition is to make all this eventually helpful for other interested people? But in such manner which won't force us to become at once GAP grand masters?

Thanks in advance,

Igor