[GAP Forum] A question

Joe Bohanon jbohanon2 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 17:29:21 GMT 2010

Make sure you've got a good representation of your group, too.  If it's
solvable, use

iso:=IsomorphismPcGroup(G);
H:=Image(iso);

then run on H (and use PreImage(iso,I) where I is the result of the code
below).

If not solvable, use IsomorphismPermGroup and maybe also
SmallerDegreePermutationRepresentation.

ConjugacyClassesSubgroups stalls very badly if you feed it a finitely
presented group.

Even WITH the PC presentation, some of the higher rank groups of order 256
will stall badly on the "ConjugacyClassesSubgroups" command.

Joe