[GAP Forum] "Crc mismatch"

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Mon Oct 4 22:41:54 BST 2010

On Oct 4, 2010, at 02:26 , Justin C. Walker wrote:

> On Oct 3, 2010, at 19:10 , Joe Bohanon wrote:
>
>> Try starting gap with the "-N" command, then run CreateCompletionFiles();
>> quit and restart.
>
> Well, well, well...I learn something new every day, it seems.  Occasionally, it even sticks.
>
> I tried this, and got past the problem I reported, only to run into this one:
>
> gap> Q:=QuaternionAlgebra(Rationals, -1, -1);
> <algebra-with-one of dimension 4 over Rationals>
> gap> T:=StructureConstantsTable(Basis(Q));
> Error, Rebuild completion files! (Crc value of
> "./lib/vspcrow.gi" does not match.) at
> return LeftModuleByGenerators( LeftActingDomain( V ),
>  List( gens, function ( v )
>         return NiceVector( V, v );
>     end ) );

Ok, the above problem is actually a problem (at least on my systems).  Turns out my claim that under some circumstances, I don't get the error is just a short between the headphones: I don't get the error when I work with a different quaternion algebra (with not both a,b = -1).

Sorry for the confusion (for those of you still following this).

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large
--------