[GAP Forum] next gap release

R.N. Tsai r_n_tsai at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 17 18:55:37 BST 2010

Dear gap-forum,

I read from another thread that there will be a new release
of gap. I'd like to request a small feature that can hopefully
be included : when assigning names to the generators of an algebra

instead of :

AlgebraByStructureConstants( R, sctable, name1, name2, ... )

this would be more useful

AlgebraByStructureConstants( R, sctable, [name1, name2, ...] )

unless there's a better way to do the naming. It's easier to
work a list of names (second form) when the number of generators
is a variable...

Regrads,
R.N.

PS. when is the next release scheduled for? any previews of changes?