[GAP Forum] I'd like to know something again.

Lisette Brillemans lisette.brillemans at mensa.nl
Tue Jul 20 16:41:15 BST 2010

Dear James (and Joachim),

Of course, I know, people working with GAP and so on are mainly
professors and dr.'s, and they are programming it. I am not a prof dr.
so I won't ever say that gap, sage, pari etc. etc. are not good.
What I meant is: Can't there be a danger in using these programs? If you
trust them so much (They are open source and programmed by the world's
finest professors etc.) there is always a chance of big accidents. I
don't want to fly in an airplane designed with possibly faulty software.
That's my point. I already see it happen on television: "Yes yes, we
designed our planes (of which on crashed that day) with the best
software available... So that cannot be the reason."
No, but very seriously speaking now: There is always a danger that we
trust software too much. If we do so there will always be security risks
that could have been avoided.

Lisette