[GAP Forum] Possible bug with MinimalGeneratingSet()???

Greg Tener greg.d.tener at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 22:16:38 BST 2010

Thanks Joe, your reply was very helpful, I can just use
"SmallGeneratingSet" when "MinimalGeneratingSet" fails.

Also, I have a question about terminology/semantics, I thought
"MinimalGeneratingSet" was providing a set of generators such that no
subset of them generates the entire group. Is it, on the contrary,
returning a group with the fewest possible number of generators? (I
was under the impression this would be called a
"MinimumGeneratingSet").