[GAP Forum] Range of List Iteration

Burkhard Höfling burkhard at hoefling.name
Wed May 5 15:21:34 BST 2010

On 05/05/2010, at 15:51 , Sandeep Murthy wrote:

> Thank you very much Max Horn, and Dr. Lübeck, for this
> information.
>
> I have two further questions:
>
> 1. Mac OS X 10.6.3 (Snow Leopard) is 64-bit ready, I believe.
> So where can I obtain a 64 bit version of GAP?  I cannot find it
> on the official GAP site.

Just compile it as a 64 bit binary:

Open Terminal, cd to the GAP root directory, and use the following commands.

make clean
set CFLAGS="-arch x86_64"
touch extern/jenkins/jhash.c
./configure
make

The only step that is a bit unusual is the touch.. command - this is to make sure that make will create a new 64bit object file for jhash.c

> 2. The GAP manual doesn't explain very well how one understands
> the output of profiling functions.  The output uses keywords, which seem
> to refer to internal GAP functions

These are not keywords, but the actual GAP function names.

Cheers

Burkhard.