[GAP Forum] GAP in teaching

Asst. Prof. Dmitrii (Dima) Pasechnik dima at ntu.edu.sg
Mon Apr 19 12:11:49 BST 2010

Dear all, dear Sasha,

algebra courses that use Sage
(http://www.sagemath.org) in fact use GAP behind the scene (in
particular when group-theoretic
computations are performed --- GAP is a "Sage package"), so this adds
http://wiki.sagemath.org/Teaching_with_SAGE
(which needs to be filtered to leave things like calculus courses out)

One can almso directly use GAP from Sage, which gives one an otherwise absent
option of using a notebook feature from a Web browser, in which one
can run Sage (and thus GAP) remotely.
So one does not need any software except a Web browser locally.

HTH,
Dima