[GAP Forum] sorry

Joachim Neubüser joachim.neubueser at t-online.de
Thu Mar 18 07:24:46 GMT 2010

Dear Forum members,

I apologise for sending am empty Forum mail yesterday. What I meant to
send is the following text, that yesterday already reached Zahra S.

Sorry for your inconveniance     Joachim Neubüser

Dear Zahra Sheikhaleslami,

You asked:
I am student. I study algebra. I want to know more details about GAP.
Please tell me something about GAP.

GAP has a fairly comprehensive website that you can reach under

http://www-gap.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/

On it you find information about the mathematical capabilities of GAP,
about how to download GAP, about using it or programming yourself in the
GAP language. In particular you find the manuals of GAP and its
'packages' provided for special purposes by users of GAP as well as a
'Tutorial' for beginners and several texts for people who want to learn
GAP. There are FAQ about GAP as well as several worked-out examples of
use of GAP from  investigating the group of Rubik's cube to character
tables of some simple groups.

It will be easy to find your way through the website: on the left margin
of each page there is a link to a
sitemap, which depicts the rough structure of the website.

Hope this will help you. Wishing you fun and success using GAP,

with kind regards           Joachim Neubüser

sorry