[GAP Forum] question

Joe Bohanon jbohanon2 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 19:32:13 GMT 2010

I think in general the classification of groups of order p^n is different
for p>=n than p<n.

In GAP at least, you can view all the small groups of order 32 and 243 with
AllSmallGroups, and examine them with StructureDescription.

I'll leave it to someone else to post the papers where the actual
classifications show up.  I know that everything up to p^7 has been done,
and all of them only apply for p>=n.  However, using, I believe, the
p-quotient algorithm, the smaller "p"s have been done "by hand".

Joe