[GAP Forum] Error, hash table in infinite loop called from LookupDictionary( ht, x )

Attila Egri-Nagy A.Egri-Nagy at herts.ac.uk
Sat Jan 23 21:28:31 GMT 2010

Dear Alexander, Dear Forum,

Thank you very much for the prompt and helpful answer!

If HASH_RANGE is for the limit of the number of hash conflicts then my
actual BF-search is doing extremely badly. More than 10000 conflicts!
That explains many things.

I'm going to check which part is my code and whether I can produce the
same problem in a minimal GAP-library-only settings. After
understanding the role of HASH_RANGE this is very unlikely.

I also have not seen this error message before, though I've been using
the search code for quite a while now. But recently I had to put very
heavy load on the code, so no surprise that something broke. ;)

best,
@