[GAP Forum] renaming generators of lie algebra

Alexander Konovalov alexander.konovalov at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 16:39:42 BST 2009

Dear R.N.Tsai,

It is not possible to rename generators in this case since they
do not have an attribute storing representation (IsAttributeStoringRep),
while Name is declared as an attribute:

gap> L:=SimpleLieAlgebra("A",1,Rationals);;
gap> U:=UniversalEnvelopingAlgebra(L);;
gap> g:=GeneratorsOfAlgebraWithOne(U);;
gap> IsAttributeStoringRep(g[1]);
false

To the contrary, L is in IsAttributeStoringRep, and you may assign a
name to it:

gap> IsAttributeStoringRep(L);
true
gap> SetName(L,"A");