[GAP Forum] (no subject)

kodra kodra38 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 15:01:51 BST 2009

Hello to everybody
>From some days I am try to answer to an exercise to write a GAP code for
this example but till at this moment I didn't have successes. Do any one get
me same help to do that here is my exercise:

Write a GAP function which performs a random walk on  Z2   starting at
origin (0,0) , until the walk leaves the circle with specified radius r
around the origin. Your functin should determine how often the random walk
returns to the origin before leaving the mentioned circle for the first time
.The argument of your function should be the radius r , and your function
should return a record containing the total length (number of steps) of the
random walk and the number of returns to the origin.
Thanks for colaboration

Artan