[GAP Forum] Re : How to find the value of character over generators

Siddhartha Sarkar siddhartha18 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 04:44:59 BST 2009

Dear John,
Accessing rows (which evaluates the character values) is just by calling :

gap> c := CharacterTable("L2(7)");
gap> Irr(c);

I am not sure how to access columns. You can check what are the available
options
for the stored data "c" (= the character table) by calling

gap>  KnownAttributesOfObject(c);
[ "Size", "NrConjugacyClasses", "Irr", "OrdersClassRepresentatives",
  "SizesCentralizers", "AutomorphismsOfTable", "UnderlyingCharacteristic",
  "ClassNames", "Identifier", "InfoText", "ComputedPowerMaps",
  "ComputedClassFusions", "NamesOfFusionSources", "CASInfo", "FusionToTom",
  "ProjectivesInfo", "ExtensionInfoCharacterTable" ]

best,
Siddhartha