[GAP Forum] Groups St Andrews (Improved accommodation, double beds)

John McDermott jjm at mcs.st-and.ac.uk
Tue May 12 16:01:24 BST 2009

(With apologies for multiple copies.)

Groups 2009 Important Announcement (Aug 1 arrive, Aug 15 depart)

Following negotiations with the University of Bath, we are able
to announce improved accommodation provisions for the conference.

A limited (but substantial) stock of premium level accommodation
is available which contains double beds.
These rooms are available at the same cost as ordinary premium
level accommodation for one person, so effectively the second person
will be able to stay rent free.

Of course accompanying persons must pay the appropriate conference
registration fee.

In order that registered and potential conferees may change their
arrangements in the light of this new information, we have decided to
extend the `early registration' discount period until Friday June
12th. The
start of the 10% surcharge on accommodation will also be delayed
until June 12th. (People who have made payments since April 30th
at the higher rate will receive a refund of an appropriate
part of their payment.)

People who have booked double accommodation off campus, and are able
to cancel these bookings without significant charge, may wish to
do so, and live on campus instead. However, we point out that these
`double bedded' premium rooms (with en suite facilies) are normally
occupied by one student, and space will therefore be limited.

People who have paid for two rooms, but who now reserve a double room
instead
will receive an appropriate refund. Our finance officer is on leave, so
an immediate refund is not possible. A refund may be possible through
PAYPAL,
but if it is convenient for you, we offer an appropriate cash refund
(in sterling) during the conference.

Existing conferees who wish to vary their booking should send
an e-mail to the conference address, with the words `booking
variation' and their surname in the subject line, and the
details of the accommodation arrangements they wish to make.
We will then enter into individual discussions about how
to adjust payments.

Best wishes

The Organizers

--

The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland : No
SC01353