[GAP Forum] Two more openings for GAP developers

Stephen Linton sal at cs.st-andrews.ac.uk
Tue May 12 10:13:49 BST 2009

Dear GAP Forum,

Further to my post of a few weeks ago advertising a job opening for a
research fellow for our HPC-GAP project, we now have two further less
senior vacancies.

Full details are at:  http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/employment/Code,33287,en.html

Closing date is 10 June,

Here is the advertisement text:

Two Scientific Officers (Parallel Software Development) (SK232/09)

Closing date: 10 June 2009

£29,704 pa

The Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Computational Algebra
(CIRCA) has vacancies for two Scientific Officers in connection with
the EPSRC grant "HPC-GAP: High Performance Computational Algebra and
Discrete Mathematics" (EPSRC EP/G055181).  You will start on 1
September 2009 or as soon as possible thereafter, and continue for two
years, with the possibility of extension for up to two further years.

You will join a team of four software developers in an ambitious
programme to adapt the GAP system to take advantage of modern high
performance computers. There may be opportunities to take part in, and
publish research using the software you develop.

You will have an excellent relevant programming skills, a degree in
mathematics or computer science, several years of relevant experience
and good communication and teamworking skills.

Informal enquiries to Steve Linton, sal at cs.st-andrews.ac.uk, tel: +44
1334 463269, fax: +44 1334 463278.

Steve Linton	School of Computer Science  &
       Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Computational Algebra
	     University of St Andrews 	 Tel   +44 (1334) 463269
http://www.cs.st-and.ac.uk/~sal 	 Fax   +44 (1334) 463278
The University is a charity registered in Scotland : No SC013532