[GAP Forum] TERMINFO

Alexander Konovalov alexander.konovalov at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 00:12:13 GMT 2009

Dear Anvita, dear GAP Forum,

On 13 Dec 2008, at 04:42, Anvita wrote:

> Dear Forum,
>
> I have noticed the new line
>
> set TERMINFO=C:\GAP4R4\terminfo
>
> in the newly distributed file gap.bat and have the following
> questions about
> it:
>
> 1. Where can I find more information about the purpose of the
> environment
> variable "TERMINFO"?

This is related with the support of the dynamically loaded modules in
GAP 4.4.12
which allows Windows users now use IO, Browse and EDIM packages under
Windows.

In particular, TERMINFO is required to make the Browse package
(http://www.math.rwth-aachen.de/~Browse/) working in Windows.

> 2. Should this line be changed if the GAP installation directory is
> other
> than "C:\GAP4R4"?

Yes, that's right. Though this will became critical only if you will
use Browse
package.

> 3. After GAP is started, I still cannot see TERMINFO in the list of
> variables shown by the "set"
> command. Is this OK?

I guess so - if you start GAP in one terminal window, it is set only
for that session.

Best wishes,
Alexander