[GAP Forum] Crime Package. Memory Question.

Ellis, Grahamj graham.ellis at nuigalway.ie
Fri Dec 12 10:57:16 GMT 2008

The HAP package can also be used for cohomology rings. The following requires about 512Mb of memory and shows that there are five generators in degree 1, three generators in degree 2, and no generators in degrees 3,4,5.

gap> LoadPackage("hap");;
gap>  N:=SmallGroup(256,26973);;
gap> gens:=ModPCohomologyGenerators(N,5);;
gap> t:=time;;StringTime(t);
" 0:03:36.493"
gap> List(gens[1],gens[2]);
[ 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2 ]