[GAP Forum] Joint EMS/LMS meeting and Workshop

Colva Roney-Dougal colva at mcs.st-and.ac.uk
Mon Nov 10 22:45:57 GMT 2008

Dear All

This is the second announcement of the Joint Edinburgh and London
Mathematical Societies' Meeting on Group Theory and the pre-meeting
Workshop on Infinite Group Theory and Related Topics, to be held in
Edinburgh this December. I would particularly like to draw your
attention to the postgraduate competition, which closes this Friday.
All that is required at this time is a 1-page outline for their talk/
poster paper.

Dates: The workshop will run from the morning of the 10th December to
lunchtime of 12th December. The Joint Meeting is on the afternoon of
the 12th December and the morning of 13th December.

Location: University of Edinburgh

Invited Speakers:
Joint Meeting: Laurent Bartholdi; Martin Bridson; Alain Valette; Efim
Zelmanov.
Workshop: Laurent Bartholdi; Tim Burness; Patrick Dehornoy; Bettina
Eick; Meinolf Geck; Dugald Macpherson; James Mitchell; Götz Pfeiffer;
Tim Riley.

Cost: The workshop is 20 pounds (free for postgraduates). The Joint
Meeting is free. We have some additional financial support for
postgraduates.

Postgraduate Poster Session:
We invite postgraduate students to submit a 1-page outline for a
poster paper by email to colva at mcs.st-and.ac.uk by Friday November
14th. The five best outlines will be invited to give a short talk at
the workshop, and there will be a poster paper session for all
postgraduates.

For more information and to register see: http://www-groups.mcs.st-
and.ac.uk/~colva/edconf.html

Hope to see you in Edinburgh

Colva Roney-Dougal

The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland : No
SC013532