[GAP Forum] Allocating 8G memory

Attila Egri-Nagy A.Egri-Nagy at herts.ac.uk
Wed Oct 8 18:45:46 BST 2008

Yes, I actually made a stupid mistake. I installed Ubuntu Linux routinely,
which means using the i386 distribution, then started to tweak the kernel
and the compiler.
Whereas after installing the 64bit Ubuntu (the amd64 tag is slightly
misleading when you have an Intel processor) standard GAP install/compile
gives the required 64bit capability.

Attila