[GAP Forum] XGAP and cygwin

Josef Lauri josef.lauri at um.edu.mt
Tue Sep 23 12:30:25 BST 2008

Thanks Alexander. I tried it and it works. But now I have decided to
install Linux (kubuntu) and only use windows if I really need it under a
virtual machine. Everything is now working much better for me. But for
anyone who needs to remain with windows and run GAP I can recommend
cygwin. Even though you do get a message like "unix binaries not
installed" or "some functions which need Unix will not run", like those
parts of GRAPE which use nauty, they actually do run!

josef