[GAP Forum] how to compute all subgroups of order p up to conjugacy

Laurent Bartholdi laurent.bartholdi at gmail.com
Tue May 27 11:04:21 BST 2008

Hi Frederic!
Subgroups of order p are generated by a single element -- so you might
look for all such subgroups, and then eliminate all redundancies by
keeping 1 subgroup for each conjugacy class and choice of generator.

I won't be more specific since I see you're a student... Feel free to
ask for more details if this isn't for an exam.

Best, Laurent