[GAP Forum] Character Table of some groups.

Frank Lübeck frank.luebeck at math.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Feb 27 23:48:11 GMT 2008

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 04:59:30PM -0500, Hung Ngoc Nguyen wrote:
> Dear GAP forum,
>
> I want to know the character tables (or atleast character degrees) of the
> universal covers of some (simple) orthogonal groups like: O8+(3), O8-(3),
> O9(3). It worked when I did with those
> orthogonal groups but unfortunately it failed for
> their universal covers. I just wonder whether the character tables of
> these universal covers are available on GAP ot not? By the way I am using
> version 4.4.9.
> Thank you very much for your help.
>
> Hung Ngoc Nguyen
> Mathematics Department
> University of Florida

Dear Hung Ngoc Nguyen, dear Forum,

I think the complete character tables of the universal covers of the
mentioned simple groups are not known (and so not in the GAP character table
library).

But you can find the lists of character degrees (and multiplicities) for these
groups, and even covers of O8+(q), O8-(q), O9(q) for all prime powers q,
on the web page:

  http://www.math.rwth-aachen.de/~Frank.Luebeck/chev/DegMult/

See under "D_4(q)_sc", "^2D_4(q)_sc", "B_4(q)_sc", respectively.

With best regards,

  Frank

--
///  Dr. Frank Lübeck, Lehrstuhl D für Mathematik, Templergraben 64,  ///
\\\                    52062 Aachen, Germany                          \\\