[GAP Forum] Experimental Patch to Long-standing Itanium Problem

Steve Linton sal at cs.st-and.ac.uk
Thu Feb 14 16:05:40 GMT 2008

Dear GAP Forum,

As some of you will recall, there is a very long standing
problem running GAP on processors from Intel's Itanium processor family, found
mainly in large multi-processor servers and supercomputers.

We believe that we have now fixed this problem, and the fix will be included
in the next release of GAP, but, if you wish to try it out in the meantime,
you can download it as a patch to apply to GAP 4r4p10. See
http://www.gap-system.org/Faq/Hardware-OS/hardware-os8.html
for a link to the patch.

Please let us know how you get on.

	Steve Linton

--
Steve Linton	School of Computer Science  &
      Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Computational Algebra