[Fwd: Re: [GAP Forum] Help Configuring GAP Packages on iBook 900 MHz]

Dmitrii Pasechnik dima at ntu.edu.sg
Sat Feb 9 06:33:24 GMT 2008

Dear Jeffrey and Forum,

On 2/9/08 9:31 AM, "Jeffrey Rolland" <rollandj at uwm.edu> wrote:
[...]
> Now, I have a new problem. Make complains that it can't find a certain
> file in the carat directory:
>
> (cd src; make GNU_MP_LIB=. GNU_MP_INC=.)
> gcc -O3 -DLONGLONG -I../../carat/carat/include -L../../carat/carat/lib
> -DVERSION='"2.0 January 2003"' nq.o consistency.o pc.o relations.o
> word.o system.o time.o addgen.o tails.o eliminate.o engel.o glimt.o
> instances.o presentation.o mem.o pcarith.o collect.o combicol.o
> trmetab.o gap.o -L. -o nq -lgmp -static
> /usr/bin/ld: can't locate file for: -lcrt0.o
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [nq] Error 1
> make: *** [compile] Error 2
>
> The file isn't in /usr/local/lib/gap4r4/pkg/carat/carat-2.0/lib.

this could be due to GMP built with wrong options.
I have had problems using GPM supplied within carat, until I switched to GMP
supplied by fink (do you use fink? www.finkproject.org).

You'd comment out building Gmp in carat's top makefile, and add
-I/sw/include to the CFLAGS there.
Then everything builds fine.

Anyhow, it's certainly better to have out-of-package-tree installation of
GPM on your system, be it the fink's one or other, for GMP is used by lots
of software around...

HTH,
Dmitrii

--