[GAP Forum] Help Configuring GAP Packages on iBook 900 MHz

Jeffrey Rolland rollandj at uwm.edu
Sun Feb 3 00:29:51 GMT 2008

Hello, all!

I am trying to install GAP on an iBook 900 MHz running Mac OS 10.4.11
with 640 MB of RAM.

I have a basic GAP install compiled. The problem is getting all the
packages configured (or otherwise installed).

The packages are installed in the directory /usr/local/lib/gap4r4/pkg/.
Inside this directory, there is a shell script InstPackages.sh; I am
attaching a copy of InstPackages.sh.

When I cd to /usr/local/lib/gap4r4/pkg/ and run ./InstPackages.sh, I get
the error message "tcsh: ./InstPackages.sh: Command not found." (I am
running tcsh as my default shell.)

Can someone help me trouble-shoot the package installation process?

Sincerely,
--
Jeffrey Rolland
<rollandj at uwm.edu>