[GAP Forum] question

Sven Reichard reichard at maths.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jan 30 00:25:47 GMT 2008

Bob,

according to your definition you need to find two group isomorphisms which satisfy certain
properties in relation to each other. For both phi1 and phi2, there may be several
candidates. GAP normally uses random methods for certain tasks, so IsomorphismGroups is
not guaranteed to return the same isomorphism each time it is called.

If for a certain choice of phi1 and phi2 your properties are fulfilled you can be sure the
groups are isoclinic. However, if for one choice they are not fulfilled it does not mean
they are not isoclinic; we might just have picked the wrong set of isomorphisms. You need
to somehow show that for any choice of phi1 and phi2, a) and b) do not necessarily imply c).

Hope this helps.
Sven.

--
Sven Reichard