[GAP Forum] algorithm for finding orthogonal central primitive idempotents

Jack Schmidt jack at ms.uky.edu
Tue Dec 4 14:07:40 GMT 2007

Every algorithm in GAP is given in full for users to read and understand.

This one is stored in lib/algebra.gi and an overview is given of how it
works in that file (around line 3400).  At the end of the overview is
the comment:

##   For a more elaborate description we refer to "W. Eberly and M.
##   Giesbrecht, Efficient Decomposition of Associative Algebras,
##   Proceedings of ISSAC 1996."

After that comment, the full source code of CentralIdempotentsOfAlgebra
is given.