[GAP Forum] Two questions

Gábor Nagy nagyg at math.u-szeged.hu
Tue Nov 27 08:59:26 GMT 2007

Dear Forum,

I have the following questions.

1) Is there a way to access the character table of the general symmetric
group? It seems to me that the tables are only stored up to n=18.

2) I would like to use linear programming in GAP. Before I start
implementing the simplex method in GAP, I would like to ask if anybody
has done it before? This could save me some time. :-)

Actually, I already made a very simple GAP interface to Maxima to solve
linear programs. If somebody is interested, he/she can contact me.
Unfortunately, I am not impressed by Maxima's speed.

BTW, I am interested in any kind of implementation of fast exact
rational simplex method.

Thanks,

Gabor