[GAP Forum] Re: Exceptional compact Lie algebras

Frank Lübeck frank.luebeck at math.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Nov 5 21:53:31 GMT 2007

On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 12:41:59PM +0100, degraaf at science.unitn.it wrote:
> Dear Marek Mitros,
>
> >1. Do you have any ideas for building matrix representations of
> >compact e7, e8 in dimensions 56,248 respectively ?
>
> Unfortunately I do not, but maybe somebody else does.

Dear Forum,

Just for the records: I have sent Marek generating matrices, including some
which generate the subgroups he was looking for.

Best regards,

 Frank

--
///  Dr. Frank Lübeck, Lehrstuhl D für Mathematik, Templergraben 64,  ///
\\\                    52062 Aachen, Germany                          \\\