[GAP Forum] query

arun muktibodh amukti2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 31 17:08:27 GMT 2007

   Hello,

          I am still in trouble and cant do the basic
things. I have tried all the commands from the manual.
      I have two basic questions.

I am working with GAP installed on my pc with
Windows-2000. I am working on RXVT.

1) If I have written a program of say 10 lines and I
want to cut the last 5 lines so that I start working
again from 5th line. How to do this ?

2) Suppose I save the program with;

  gap> SaveWorkspace("asm.g");
     true
  gap> quit;

    I again start a new session with;
  gap> Read("asm.g");
     starts infinite loop with number of errors.

Even by putting complete path my file asm.g would not
open.
      I will highly appreciate your help.

Arun
 India