[GAP Forum] asking about gap

Dmitrii Pasechnik dima at ntu.edu.sg
Sun Oct 28 10:33:05 GMT 2007

Dear Roghiyeh Adhamy,

first of all, let me point out that it is entirely unnecessary to send to
the forum the generating sets of these groups, as they are uniquely
determined by their order (32) and their numbers in the GAP library of small
groups.

On 10/28/07 1:58 PM, "Roghiyeh Adhamy" <r_adhamy at yahoo.com> wrote:
>   Thank you for your response, but I would like the structure of the following
> Groups:
>
>   G1=SmallGroup(32,6)
[...]
>   In fact I would like to know what is the isomorphism of Gi with the
> well-known groups (for example symmetric groups,dihedral groups,...)
well, there are e.g. GAP commands,  IsDihedralGroup, IsElementaryAbelian,
etc, that can answer a part of your question. I would like to point out,
too, that there is no symmetric group of order 32...

HTH,
--
Dima Pasechnik
http://www.ntu.edu.sg/home/dima/