[GAP Forum] query

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Sun Oct 14 20:27:07 BST 2007

Dear Arun and Forum,

On Oct 14, 2007, at 6:38 AM, arun muktibodh wrote:

>    Dear sir,
>             I am new to GAP. I have GAP4 installed on
> my pc (Windows). Could anybody please suggest how to
> create, save and reload a file ?

The documentation for GAP4 does cover this question, although it
might not be easy to locate if you haven't had any experience with
GAP before.  See the discussion of File Streams (section 10) and the
discussion of Files (section 9) in the reference manual.  This is
available in the 'doc' directory of your installation or on-line at
the GAP website:
    <http://www.gap-system.org/Manuals/doc/htm/ref/chapters.htm>

If this does not fully answer your question, please post again.

Regards,

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large
Institute for the Enhancement of the Director's Income