[GAP Forum] Announcement of the update to GAP 4.4.10

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Mon Oct 8 18:00:16 BST 2007

Dear Max and GAP Forum,

On Oct 8, 2007, at 8:56 AM, Max Neunhoeffer wrote:

> We are delighted to announce the release of GAP 4 release
> 4 update 10 (GAP 4.4.10 for short), which is available now
> from the GAP Web pages and FTP site. The priority of this
> upgrade is high, since it contains among other things fixes
> for bugs which can return wrong results without warning. All
> users should update to this release as soon as possible.

Thanks for the hard work you and the GAP team have put into GAP, and
in particular, for the effort to support Mac OS X.

I have a question about the information on this page:
    <http://www.gap-system.org/Download/upgrade.html>

Is it the case that "MacOS" refers only to versions of Mac OS
preceding Mac OS X?  Also, it is stated there that only the .zoo
archive contains support for "MacOS", but I noticed that at least
the .bz2 archive also contains "GAP 4 PPC" (which I assume is a Mac
OS 9 binary).

Regards,

Justin

--